If there is one thing I know for sure, it’s that success is not accidental. It is the result of a lot of hard work and a good strategy.
For a nonprofit organization, its strategy for success lies in its board of directors. In particular, who they select to serve on the board.
The choice of who serves on the board of a nonprofit organization needs to be very deliberate. Every member needs to serve a specific purpose. If you’re making selections based on who you know and who you think will make your decision making process easier, then your nonprofit organization will have an uphill battle as it strives for success and effectiveness.
The new online course – Board Development: How to Recruit and Retain an Effective Board of Directors was developed to assist nonprofit leaders with creating a board of directors.
This course covers the following:
· The roles and responsibilities of board members
· Recruitment strategies for selecting an effective board
· Recommended term limits for serving on a board
· The difference between an advisory board and a governing board
· How to prevent conflict between the CEO and Board Chairman
· How to protect your board of directors and nonprofit organization from lawsuits
· and MUCH more…
Trust me, if you’re seriously considering running a nonprofit organization, you need to make the simple investment in this course to ensure you get off on the right foot. It’s much better to start out with a good board of directors, than to have to switch course midstream after you realize your board is ineffective.
This is an online self-paced course. Modules will be released weekly.
This course will teach you what you need to know to recruit and retain a productive and effective board of directors.